Terms & Conditions
Below is a copy of the terms and conditions form. Please review.
You may obtain the official printable document by clicking here.
- All Qualified Retired Persons must adhere to the general procedures cited by the Customs Department for the clearing of all personal and household effects including 'Mode of Transportation'.
- Qualified Retired Persons are not allowed to seek employment or work for pay while in this program or in Belize.
- Qualified Retired Persons within this program must inform the Belize Tourism Board regarding any changes stated on the application form. Failure to do so may result in the revocation of applicant's status.
- Qualified Retired Persons must adhere to all existing laws of Belize, in addition to the Retired Persons (Incentives) (Amendment) Act, 2001.
- All benefits provided by this program will be exclusively used by the Qualified Retired Persons and his or her dependents.
- The Belize Tourism Board has the authority to carry out any investigation with respect to the validity of any document provided by the applicant under this program.
- Participants within this program must inform the Belize Tourism Board prior to leaving the country indefinitely so that the assets purchased under this program can be liquidated.
- All documents presented to the Belize Tourism Board become the property of the Board.
- The applicant must not have any criminal matters with the law at the time of application.
- Applicants must present a listing with all the necessary information with regards to his or her dependents. If the applicant has a dependent over eighteen and in school, then he or she must present a proof of enrollment from that institution.
- Qualified Retired Persons must submit a yearly bank statement showing compliance with the financial requirements of the program.
- Qualified Retired Persons must spend an equivalent of one month in Belize annually to maintain their status as a Retiree Resident.
Acceptance of these terms and conditions must be endorsed with the signature of the applicant in the presence of a witness.
Please click here for official printable document.